Echo Research is committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment and to continuously seek improvements. We are committed to constantly review and implement working procedures in order to conserve raw materials, reduce emissions and save energy. We will comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
Our principles and policies
We seek to:
1. Conserve energy and reduce our carbon footprint by
- Working with our landlord to improve the energy efficiency of our building
- Educating our staff on environmental impacts of their work activities and ways to minimise them
- Instilling standard practices with regards to switching off equipment when not in use
- Using motion sensor lighting in our office
- Using Microsoft cloud storage as a more carbon efficient alternative to traditional data centres and physical servers
- Operating a flexible work-from-home policy and remote working to reduce staff travel
- Investing in technologies that provide alternatives to business travel
- Running a carbon tracker across all our projects and non-fee work. Offsetting the equivalent carbon cost through tree planting each year.
2. Minimise waste by
- Operating a paper-free office
- Operating a strict recycling policy for paper, cans, plastic, food waste and electronic equipment
- Using recyclable and reuseable materials and avoiding single-use plastics wherever possible.
3. Encourage our clients to support our environmental commitment by
- Offering sustainable referral and loyalty schemes e.g. tree-planting for referrals
- Providing board-level research insights on sustainability and reputation.
- Offering to track carbon cost of our project work and off-setting through tree-planting programmes – in addition to our own tracking programmes.
Echo will keep under review its policies and procedures to continuously improve our environmental commitment.
This statement is approved by the Board and signed on its behalf by:
Sandra Macleod, CEO, Echo Group Limited