We are committed to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture among all staff. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and for all staff to feel respected and able to give their best.
Our principles and policies
The policy’s purpose is to:
- Provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time and those with whom we work in partnership
- Not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
- Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, requests for flexible working, and selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
Echo is committed to:
- Fulfilling all obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and its revisions
- Training managers and all other staff about their rights and responsibilities
- Equality of opportunity for all persons
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment in which all persons are treated with respect
- Creating a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination
- Promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued
- Taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate
- Regarding all breaches of equality, diversity & inclusion policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings
Echo will keep under review its policies and procedures to ensure that these remain appropriate and effective.
This statement is approved by the Board and signed on its behalf by:
Sandra Macleod, CEO, Echo Group Limited